To sign up for access to the KU Community Cluster, you must:
- Have a KU account. If you are an external user, you must first have a Sponsored Temporary Account.
- Reach out to an owner group to be a part of. If you don't know of any owner groups please email email@example.com.
- If you would like to purchase hardware to become an owner group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have all the above, then fill out the form for a New Account
The cluster uses your KU Online ID and password.
- SSH: Use SSH2 client to connect to
usernamewith your KU Online ID, and then authenticate with your KU Online ID password. Alternatively, you can set up public-key authentication. SSH connections to
hpc.crc.ku.eduresolve to either of the following login nodes:
- Remote Viz: Remote Viz is the software which allows users to access the cluster using a graphical desktop window. Remote Viz allows users to use a Linux desktop, for those users unaccustomed to working in Unix-like command-line environments.