To sign up for access to the KU Community Cluster, you must:
- Have a KU account. If you are an external user, you must first have a Sponsored Temporary Account.
- Reach out to an owner group to be a part of. If you don't know of any owner groups please email email@example.com.
- If you would like to purchase hardware to become an owner group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have all the above, then fill out the form for a New Account
The cluster uses your KU Online ID and password.
- SSH: Use SSH2 client to connect to
usernamewith your KU Online ID, and then authenticate with your KU Online ID password. Alternatively, you can set up public-key authentication. SSH connections to
hpc.crc.ku.eduresolve to either of the following login nodes:
- Remote Viz: Remote Viz is the software which allows users to access the cluster using a graphical desktop window. Remote Viz allows users to use a Linux desktop, for those users unaccustomed to working in Unix-like command-line environments.
If you are connecting from any of the University of Kansas' campuses, you may connect as the instructions above show.
If you wish to connect the KU Community Cluster from off campus, you must connect through KU Anywhere. If you have multiple VPN Entitlements, any one of them will work. After successful connection, you may connect as instructed above.